We answer the questions you ask us most frequently.
This is our most frequent type of question.
- “I need samples for my bar, when can I get them?”
- “Can I get this now? Today!!”
- “Canada is ready for this right now, can I help with importation???”
- “I’m totally bored with [zero alcohol fizzy drink]. When can I get my hands on some Gaba Labs drinks?”
- “I suffer from social anxiety, and can no longer tolerate alcohol. My social life is collapsing… help!!??”
GABA Labs’ flagship ingredient, Alcarelle, will enter the US FDA regulatory process late in 2023 and are likely to be available from 2026, with full market approval taking place in 2027.
And just to clarify, our goal is to develop Alcarelle as an ingredient that we make available to Drinks companies. These organisations, using their creativity and market expertise, will use the Alcarelle ingredient to create a whole new generation of drinks for their customers.
GABA Labs’ active botanical ingredients feature in drinks currently available from our colleagues at Sentia Spirits – and they seem to be well-appreciated, receiving some rave reviews (eg here and here).
We’re keen to talk to investors who are looking to invest £50k and above. In particular, we want to engage with “professional” and “high net worth” (HNW) investors who can provide additional support to GABA Labs by making resources, networks or expertise available to us. Please go to our Investors’ page for further information and how to get in contact with us.
Before GABA Labs is able to make Alcarelle available as an ingredient to Drinks Cos, we will:
- undertake our own internal development, evaluation and testing procedures
- undergo extensive formal clinical testing under strict third party oversight and to well-defined government standards – a process that we expect to take between two and four years
- comply with all relevant regulatory procedures in place in each geographical location that we make Alcarelle available, which may involve additional safety testing
The objective of the testing and regulatory work is to ensure that we create a safe, functional and socially beneficial product.
We are heartened by the number of people offering to support us by participating in this process. However, this won’t be possible. The testing will be managed by an independent third party whose testing protocols:
- don’t permit the contracting organisation (in this case GABA Labs) to put forward any volunteers
- require testers to be recruited via channels that ensure independence, objectivity and suitability in terms of profile for the specific testing cohort
GABA Labs has developed two product lines.
“Alcarelle” is a biomimetic compound (ie it is synthetic and replicates the behaviours of a natural substance), and is odorless, tasteless and colourless. It will be used by Drinks Cos to develop a new generation of adult beverages. They will determine the taste, texture and colours as the consumer market demands.
“Sentia” is the first of a range of premium botanical products, and since launching in 2021, it has been very well received by consumers. It is distributed by our wholly owned subsidiary Sentia Spirits.
“Alcosynth” was the name used for the first in a series of synthetic ingredients known as “Alcarelle”.
Our goal is to create ingredients that are better than alcohol and certainly not addictive – this is a crucial piece of the science that we’re working on.
The rigorous internal and formal testing processes we have to go through are designed to identify if there is potential for addiction. Any version of our product which didn’t pass these tests would be abandoned. At which point we would continue in our quest to develop the right products to meet our goal.
If you have another question for us, ask it here.