We answer the questions you ask us most frequently.
This is our most frequent type of question.
- “I need samples for my bar, when can I get them?”
- “Can I get this now? Today!!”
- “Canada is ready for this right now, can I help with importation???”
- “I’m totally bored with [zero alcohol fizzy drink]. When can I get my hands on some Gaba Labs drinks?”
- “I suffer from social anxiety, and can no longer tolerate alcohol. My social life is collapsing… help!!??”
GABA Labs flagship ingredient, Alcarelle, is in development and testing right now. Following this, it will enter regulatory and safety testing phases. We are hoping to go to market with an approved product by 2025.
And just to clarify, our goal is to develop Alcarelle as an ingredient that we make available to Drinks companies. These organisations, using their creativity and market expertise, will use the Alcarelle ingredient to create a whole new generation of drinks for their customers.
GABA Labs’ active botanical ingredient, known as “ABI”, will feature in a drink to be released in January 2021 by Sentia Spirits.
We’re keen to talk to qualified investors who can contribute to our funding goal of c£20 million. Our current strategy is to focus on a small number of experienced investors who are able to offer upwards of £50k, and who may be able to support GABA Labs by making resources, networks or expertise available to us. We are also willing to consider smaller investors who can contribute key areas of knowledge or experience.
If you do wish to discuss potentially investing in GABA Labs, please click here to provide us with further information. We’ll get back to you within five working days.
Before GABA Labs is able to make Alcarelle fully available on the market, we will need to:
- undertake our own internal development, evaluation and testing procedures
- undergo extensive formal clinical testing under strict third party oversight and to well-defined government standards – a process that we expect to take at least three years
- comply with all relevant regulatory procedures in place in each geographical location that we make Alcarelle available, which may involve additional safety testing
The objective of all the testing and regulatory work is to ensure that we create a safe, functional and socially beneficial product.
In the current phase of “development and testing”, we are working with both synthetic and plant-based compounds. We’re not able to predict at this stage what our final options might be, nor, obviously, what it might taste of.
In any event, our goal is to market our ingredients to Drinks Companies. They’ll be the ones to produce the new beverages, and they’ll determine the taste, texture, colours, bottling and pricing as the consumer market demands.
Our goal is to create ingredients that are better than alcohol and certainly not addictive – this is a crucial piece of the science that we’re working on.
The rigorous internal and formal testing processes we have to go through are designed to identify if there is potential for addiction. Any version of our product which didn’t pass these tests would be abandoned. At which point we would continue in our quest to develop the right products to meet our goal.
If you have another question for us, ask it here.